Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Help! I'm addicted!

I am addicted to manipulatives---alphabet manipulatives, that is.  I have magnet ones and felt ones, alphabet beads, alphabet stickers; the list goes on and on.  But my newest favorite thing is the Glitter Gel Alphabet Clings that I found at Target for $2.50!  They are so cool. These things will stick to windows, plastic, tables, walls and pretty much any other hard, flat surface.  I think they are made from the same material that those creepy-crawly spiders are made from that you throw at the wall and watch them climb down.    I love them and I think my 2nd/3rd graders will like them too.  Although in the past I have wondered if my alphabet manipulatives would be better suited for K-1 grade, I have found that the 2nd/3rd grade split that I am student teaching in love them just as much.  I can't wait for them to see these gel ones. :)

We are starting a new routine tomorrow.  We are using a literacy center concept but we are integrated some math concepts as well.  I love literacy centers too (it just might become another addiction!).  I could search the Internet all day long for great literacy center ideas and never grow tired.  I have found some great ideas from some seasoned teachers.  I am interested in seeing how well we can pull ours off because we have so many students being pulled out for special services during our reading time.  But that's another story.  For now, I'll just leave you with  a picture of my new toys.  These are definitely going to be a part of our literacy center.  We will use them to learn our spelling words.

No comments:

Post a Comment